Another body language & non-verbal communication cartoon

Quite a lot of people seem to have enjoyed the cartoon I posted recently summing up the absurdity of the claim that only 7% of communication comes from the words we actually use and that 93% is 'non-verbal' (HERE).

What I like about this one is that the humour is massively reduced as soon the words 'actually used' are removed from above the door:



(If you're interested in modern myths about body language and non-verbal communication, you might also like to look HERE at my comments on the claim that people with their arms folded are on the defensive).

1 comment:

pintosal said...

While I agree mostly with your comments on body language and its interpretation, I think there are some facets that are important to public speaking.
Having good posture, using appropriate gestures, and letting your face reflect the mood, eg smiling when appropriate.
Of course, these should complement, not supplant, the words.