It was a very expensive bike with the latest in gear-changing equipment.
- Should I have been surprised?
- Should I be ashamed?
- Should I have noticed?
- Does the noticing mean I'm a prejudiced bastard because he spoke with an upper-class English accent.
- But I do confess to being surprised.
- I do feel ashamed by my reaction.
- I should not have noticed.
- I was wrong to be surprised by his upper-class English accent...
I hope that no one will notice and/or come up with better answers than mine in a generation's time (I am 70 years old) - especially when I'm related by marriage to someone as charming as Ade, who moved his family to Australia hoping to escape a life marred by color-prejudice in the UK.
Comments, as ever, welcome!